Philosophy of Education
- LCA believes the true goal of education is to know God because God is the source of all truth, wisdom, and knowledge.
- Since God is omniscient, all areas of life and learning are sacred.
- A Christian worldview places all learning within the parameters of Scripture, therefore all instructional areas will be taught from a Biblically based view. Curriculum is specifically designed and selected to challenge the student in internalizing a Christian worldview.
- Children are gifts from God, a sacred trust, to be raised in the nurture and admonition of God “to love the Lord your God and serve him with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” Deuteronomy instructs parents to “listen diligently to the Lord’s commands and to teach them to your children.” LCA exists to assist parents/guardians in fulfilling this Biblical obligation.
- Christian teachers are called by God, gifted by God, and guided by the Holy Spirit, in their personal and professional lives; and, demonstrate excellence in educational practice.
- The teacher guides and nurtures students toward a Christian worldview through the effective utilization of a variety of teaching methodologies appropriate to each child’s stage of development.
- Christian education occurs as the Holy Spirit works effectively in the hearts and minds of the students.
- Because God has created all students it is the purpose of the Christian school to direct all students to achieve their full potential with regards to their unique talents and developmental growth patterns.
© 2015 Lighthouse Christain Academy & Daycare. All Rights Reserverd.